tab bar

FAITH FAMILY ADVENTURE SHORT ANSWERS

Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why I'm Looking Forward to My Birthday

40 is hip. 40 is cool. 40 is the prime of life. 40 is enough experience to be knowledgeable about things, to have some wisdom, to be able to make big decisions. 40 is to have a wonderful wife and great kids. 40 is doing entertaining, challenging, cool recreation with children and youth (camping, theme parks, the beach). 40 is to be tech-savvy. 40 is to be fit. 40 is doing fun home improvement projects. 40 is claiming 80s music as your music. 40 is to be smart. 40 is to have a cool job. 40 is being able to interact in fun, but authoritative, ways with teenagers. 40 is having friendships with a rich history. 40 is to have well-reasoned opinions informed by the perspective of experience. 40 is to have mature faith. 40 is... well... 40 is so much better than 25 was.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Great outlook! Matter of fact this reminded me to be grateful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only 36, not 40, but I have to agree with the sentiment. When I was a child and teen I thought that my college years would be the prime of my life--ha! It just keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, can't wait to be 40!

    ReplyDelete