tab bar

FAITH FAMILY ADVENTURE SHORT ANSWERS

Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, May 12, 2006

Chocolate and . . . Mustard?

As if aware of yesterday’s blog, Lizzy again tried her chocolate sales pitch last night at dinner. She mentioned that she likes everything that’s dry and crunchy (in reference to the bacon bits offered her) except for almonds.

Then ensued a discussion of what dry and crunchy things I liked. I mentioned that I don’t like plain M&M’s because they are too chocolatey. I shared with Christine that a few weeks ago someone put M&M’s in a bowl on the counter at work, and I had a couple because I was craving something crunchy. I hated them. But it’s so hard to walk by the receptionist’s counter and not reach your hand into the candy bowl. A few minutes later, I had some more. Yuck. Thereafter, I resisted.

Lizzy, hearing this tale, piped up with a suggestion. “Maybe next time you could eat them with mustard or peanut butter.”

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:34 AM

    I wish there were a way to put this more mildly, Jeff, but this chocolate-aversion thing locates you right in downtown Weirdsville.

    This has got to be your most distinctive characteristic. One might think it would be your (lack of) hairstyle, but that hardly makes you stand out with all the natural and clipper-aided balds traipsing around these days. Or maybe one would suppose it is your predilection for all things Excel, but there's got to be a few hundred thousand other organization mavens sprinkled across the offices of America whose hearts beat a little quicker at the sight of a spreadsheet. Your religion is supposed to make you a peculiar person, but at least you've got a few solid percent of fellow Americans who can back you up.

    I mean, really, how many people can there be who share your distaste for the cocoa bean? How many people can resist the siren song of the office candy bowl filling up with plain M&Ms (that delicious "clink, clink, clink")? How many people have to plug their nose while drinking chocolate milk? How many kids require parental coercion to search for their chocolate bunny on Easter morning?

    This must be some kind of a rare genetic disorder.

    But I'm not complaining. More for me when the candy bowl sings, "Clink, clink, clink." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:50 AM

    I prefer chocolate to mustard, but that's just me.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. For clarity’s sake . . . when the candy bowl has the heavy clink-clink (indicating Peanut M&M’s), I’m totally there . . . and back again and again. But it’s that lighter clink that makes me nauseated.

    And in my new neighborhood, I’ve found a couple of anti-chocolate people in my teacher’s quorum . . . that must be why I was called to be their advisor—so I could help them through the ridicule they will receive as a minority in society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, ya know, Jeff, some of Scott's kids - I think, Joseph and can't remember who else doesn't really like chocolate either. So, maybe there is some family thing to the not liking chocolate ;o) hee, hee.

    Of course, I'm not one of the ones in the family who doesn't like chocolate as you well know.

    Oh and Hi - your little sister's on your blog now :). It's a great blog.

    ReplyDelete